Health care staff across the nation are encouraged to use these “Top 6” resources developed by experts in communication and symptom management. COVID-19 has brought on a rapid onset of very seriously ill patients in a short period of time. Non-palliative care clinicians may be in new roles and may not feel prepared to face difficult conversations about suffering, prognosis and death.
· These resources are specific to COVID-19 response and targeted to non-hospice and palliative care specialists.
· These resources cover advance COVID-19 planning, symptom management, communication in difficult situations and providing emotional support.
1. COVID-19 -Ready Communication Skills (VitalTalk)
2. Graphic Adaptations of VitalTalk COVID Communication Guidance (Nathan Gray, M.D.)
3. Shared Decision Support Tool for COVID-19 (NHPCO)
For more information, contact the Coalition at email@example.com