Our three workgroups are comprised of volunteers and staff from our Coalition member organizations. These workgroups advise the full Coalition and all recommendations for action are approved by the full Coalition.
The Communications Workgroup discusses communication challenges, opportunities and strategies and collaborate on messaging for the field.
The Advocacy Workgroup works to mobilize support for the work of the Coalition and it’s member organizations. This Workgroup advises the Coalition on its’ potential legislative and regulatory agenda. This Workgroup makes recommendations to the Coalition for changes to public policies, legislation and regulation proposed by federal policy makers (i.e. Congress, CMS, ACL, HHS, etc.). The Workgroup will also advocate for policies that support the work of the Coalition and its’ members.
- Coalition Supports Physician Assistants Prescribing Authority as Hospice Attending Physicians
- Coalition Meets with CMMI to Discuss Implications of New Payment Model for Patients and Families Living with Serious Illness
- Coalition Commends New HHS Primary Care First Model-Includes Serious Illness ‘Track’
The Quality Workgroup works to identify gaps in quality and performance improvement measures within the hospice and palliative care field and encourages the development of new hospice and palliative performance measures that will improve the care for people with serious illness. This Workgroup also frequently recommends experts from Coalition Members to serve on federal and other expert panels (such as National Quality Forum).
- Technical Expert Clinical User Patient Panel Selected For Palliative Care Measures Project
- New National Guidelines Seek to Improve Access to Palliative Care for People Living with Serious Illness
For more information about the Coalition, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.